If you are one of a person who love love love coconut and all you crave is crispy coconut cookies then you are definitely on a right page trust me.
There are variety literally variety of things u can make with coconut. Like soft soft moist and fluffy pillow like snow ball cookie out of shredded coconut. Or you can bake crunchy biscuits using toasted coconut. Many recipes only calls for coconut extract/essence but to me those are a bit off as I am a person who loves the texture and aroma of coconut when used directly.
I’ll gradually share all my secret coconut specialties. Trust me I have got tons of delicacies using this scrumptious ingredient. But for today em gonna share those crispy crunchy coconut biscuits which were always the first picked up good at every bakery visit :p
COOKIE ON THE GO:
Oh My My!! I am totally in love with these super yum crunchy crispy cookies..
These are typical Pakistani bakery style ones I loved eating my entire childhood.
I keep on experimenting and trying by changing recipes here and there until i get my required result. So yeah cheers to me 😀
The best part of these ones is that it takes very less time, no fancy beaters are required and bake in less that 10 min. I don’t prefer adding coconut extract/essence in mine but if you like you can surely do.
Dough is pretty quick, needs no chilling, just mixing up of all ingredients in a go beat and make balls and there you go. And temperature I ideally keep in between 160-170 C only for 8 minutes and max up to 10 min.
- -Make sure your oven is already preheated at 250 fpr 15 min before you put the cookies in the oven for baking.
- -Use freshly desiccated coconut and for even crunchier taste toast it a bit in dry pan and Oh my it gives heavenly results.
- -use of flour is only limited to quantity needed to knead the dough smooth only.
- -Quantity of egg is strictly as mentioned any addition or subtraction can affect resulting cookies so is at your own risk.
- -Make sure egg and butter is at room temp.
Crispy Coconut Cookies Ingredients
- 250gm freshly desiccated and toasted coconut
- 2tbsp flour
- 100 gm butter
- 100 gm sugar
- 2tbsp milk powder(optional)
- Firstly Beat butter with sugar till fluffy by hand whisk or alternatively you can even use electric beater.
- Add in egg beat again.
- Now add coconut and 2 tbsp flour (you can increase 1 tbsp more if needed) and try making a dough.
- Make a dough which you can roll out nicely to make small balls and press/flat them a bit.
- Bake at 170C for 8 min till they turn nicer golden.
- Allow them to cool for at least hour an hour so that they turn crispier.
- Store in an air tight jar and Viola enjoy with your tea and have fun When all you crave is crispy coconut cookies.