In the battle of web browsers, Recently Microsoft launched his new browser called “Microsoft edge” in his window 10 OS. It’s a built in app and also looks pretty good and attractive. But if you like fast browsing then you will not like it. As we know that, Microsoft always gives us an internet browser app (Internet explorer) in his all previous Windows operating systems. But we don’t like it because of its slow speed. So, you can also say that Microsoft edge is a new version of Internet Explorer. If you want to get rid of Microsoft edge then you are at right place. In this tutorial, you can learn how to delete Microsoft edge from your window 10 PC.
Basically, there are different ways to delete Microsoft edge but we are going to show some simple and easy solutions.
Delete Microsoft edge by third-party App.
Follow these simple steps.
• Open your browser.
• Download the App “Uninstall Edge.cmd”.
• After that, Right click on it and extract it.
• Next Step it to open the file and run as administrator.
• Wait to process and finish. Once it completed you have to restart your PC.
• After that, you can see Microsoft edge is not there.
Congrats you successfully delete Microsoft edge from your Pc.
How to Permanently Rename/ delete Microsoft edge core file
If you have a question in your mind about can Microsoft edge be uninstalled permanently? Then you got the right way. Yes, you are going to delete it from your pc permanently. After that, you can do fast and smooth browsing in your desired browser. You can also do that trick for other annoying apps. So, if you want to uninstall built-in apps windows 10 then follow the simple steps.
- Navigate to My computer icon and open C: drive.
- There you can see windows app folder “WindowsSystemApps”.
- Locate “Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe” folder, right click on it and choose Properties.
- Now you have to change the settings in the same way. First set the folder to Read-only.
- Make sure read-only option is to check with a check mark.
- Click the “Apply” button and then “OK” button.
- Now open “Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe” folder and click view tab. Now check the file name extension with a check mark.
- Navigate to “MicrosoftEdge.exe” and “MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe”. Rename them into “MicrosoftEdge.old” and “MicrosoftEdgeCP.old” respectively. Its important step so do carefully. It will disable Microsoft edge permanently.
“You can also delete these file but it can affect your Pc working speed so renaming them is the right option”.
Congrats! You successfully disable Microsoft edge from your window 10 PC.